Home-based tutors and Mobile Tutors
Why buy insurance as a tutor? Sample Claims.
- Professional Liability: A parent can sue you for their child not getting into a college.
- General Liability: A student could slip and fall during your tutoring session and you could be sued for accidental bodily injury.
- General Liability: You could accidentally damage the location where you are working and be sued for repairs.
- You may need a certificate of insurance to get a contract or rent space.
Who needs general liability insurance?
General liability insurance protects your business from claims from a third party (meaning not an employee or officer) for accidental bodily injury and property damage. In most cases, your employees, officers, and partners are covered under a policy. A classic example is a “slip and fall” type of claim, where a visitor may sue you for medical bills and time off work. Whether you have a home-based, office, or retail business, you should strongly consider buying general liability.
A school or district is asking for workers comp and hired and non-owned autos coverage, what do I do?
- Workers Comp – If you have no employees, let the school or district know and see if they will waive the requirement.
- Hired and non-owned autos – if you cannot get this requirement waived, then you will not be able to purchase the individual policy and will need to purchase a policy that allows for this coverage to be added, which will increase your cost.
You can request all of these types of insurance when you get a quote.
Stratum Insurance finds Insurance for your type of Business
Quotes are available for both general and professional liability (errors and omissions insurance). Our team can help by comparing not only the rates of multiple carriers, but also the coverage. We have access to carriers that allow for different types of businesses, including specialty businesses that have trouble finding insurance.
Here is an example: some insurance carriers have limitations as to the location where they will cover your business or other exclusions that can limit your insurance coverage.
We work to find insurance that meets your businesses needs.