Why buy insurance as a manicurist? Sample Claims.
- Your landlord where you rent a station requires it.
- A client could slip and fall during your manicuring session and you could be sued for accidental bodily injury.
- A client could say that you injured her fingers while manicuring her or that you cut her toe nails too deeply while working on her feet.
- You may need a certificate of insurance to get a contract or rent space.
How to get a quote:
Who needs general liability insurance?
General liability insurance protects your business from claims from a third party (meaning not an employee or officer) for accidental bodily injury and property damage. In most cases, your employees, officers, and partners are covered under a policy. A classic example is a “slip and fall” type of claim, where a visitor may sue you for medical bills and time off work. Whether you have a home-based, office, or retail business, you should strongly consider buying general liability. If you perform a trade, you need insurance.
COVERAGE CAN INCLUDE SUITS ARISING OUT OF:
- Injury or death of clients and guests
- Property damage liability
- Ownership use or maintenance of employment area
- General negligence claims
- Cost of investigation and defense of claims, even if groundless
Types of Business Insurance for Beauty Professionals
- Hair Stylist
- Makeup Artist (non-permanent)
- Manicurist and Pedicurist
- Nail Technician
- Spa Technician
These professionals are eligible to buy online (link opens to a new window).
Stratum Insurance finds Insurance for your type of Business
Quotes are available for both general and professional liability (errors and omissions insurance). Our team can help by comparing not only the rates of multiple carriers, but also the coverage. We have access to carriers that allow for different types of businesses, including specialty businesses that have trouble finding insurance.
Here is an example: some insurance carriers have limitations as to the location where they will cover your business or other exclusions that can limit your insurance coverage.
We work to find insurance that meets your businesses needs.