Special Situations in Homeowners Insurance
Some homeowners have special situations to consider when purchasing homeowners insurance. Examples include horse property or wood roofs. In this article we will review several examples.
- wood skake or shingle roof homes
- homes with horses but no farming
- homes with hobby farms
- homes located on farms
- homes with domestic animals that have a claims or bite history – some dogs are specifically prohibited by insurance carriers
- multi-family dwellings located on a single property (duplex, triplex, four units)
- mobile homes rented to others
- condos rented to others
- homes with geodesic roofs
- brush area homes
A specialty homeowners carrier may be needed to quote these types of policies. Our team has access to such carriers so that we can help you find a policy that allows for a property like yours.