X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Select Page

Buy Tutor Liability Insurance Online

Insurance for tutors may contain 2 basic components:

  • General Liability Insurance
  • Professional Liability Insurance(often called E&O)



What type of insurance does a tutor need?

If you run a home-based tutoring business or virtual tutoring business, it is likely that E&O insurance is your primary concern, as you do not visit clients nor do you have clients on site.

General liability is sometimes called slip and fall coverage, as it is intended to protect you from claims for accidental bodily injury or property damage to a third party.

Professional liability or E&O for tutors is intended to protect you from claims that result from causing a third party, such as a student a financial loss.  For example, parents could sue you because they say that your tutoring resulted in their child not getting into college. 

Single tutor insurance starts around $200 for both general and professional liability.