Professional Liability Insurance / Errors and Omissions Insurance (E&O)
This type of insurance is intended to help with claims that arise from your negligence, error, or omission while performing your professional services.
What are other types professional liability insurance ?
There are other types of professional liability, including directors and officers insurance, employment practices liability insurance, technology services professional liability, data breach, cyber liability, cyber extortion insurance, and privacy liability insurance.
What is the difference between general liability and professional liability?
A key difference from general liability is that professional liability, generally speaking, is intended to respond to claims for financial losses, as where general liability may deal more with claims for bodily injury or property damage. Never assume that your general liability policy provides professional liability.
What can Professional Liability Insurance cover (partial list below, subject to terms and conditions of the policy):
- Claims that are made against you for negligence, (whether they are groundless or not) even if you haven’t made a mistake
- The cost of legal defense – this can be included in your limits or outside the limits (meaning that it does not use up your limit of liability)
- Services performed by employees, including temporary employees
- Unknown claims that arise from your previous work (based upon an agreed upon date, often called a retroactive date)
- Libel or Slander Claims that are brought as a result of your professional services