If you have invested in equipment for your business, it is crucial to protect it with insurance.
Our small business team can help with insurance for equipment and tools that you OWN or that you RENT.
Why is the business personal property coverage on my commercial package or business owners policy sufficient?
This type of coverage, which is often used to insure certain types of office equipment, tools, and perhaps inventory is often limited to a specific premises. What does this mean? It means that if you have insured an item under this form of coverage, it may only be covered at the location listed on your policy, or within 100-1000 feet of it.
A contractors equipment policy can offer coverage anywhere in the United States and Canada (worldwide coverage is available).
Here is a partial list of the coverages that are available.
- Coverage for items specifically listed on the policy
- Rental reimbursement coverage – this covers the cost of renting a temporary substitute when a covered cause of loss damages an insured item.
- Business income coverage – this offers coverage when and insured cannot complete a project or operate the business because a covered cause of loss has damaged an insured item.
- Blanket coverage – offers coverage to multiple items without specifically listing them on the poliy
- Coverage for items that you may rent to temporary usage.
- Automatic coverage for newly acquired equipment that has not yet been added to the policy.
Other types of coverage to consider:
- Installation Floaters
- Coverage for Mobile Equipment or Signs
- If you are in the business of renting equipment to others, please click here.
Quote Contractors Equipment Coverage
- Online – scroll down to start your quote
- Download the Application