Who Requests a Certificate of Insurance
Different businesses or individuals may request a certificate of insurance from you. Here are several common requests for certificate:
- A landlord requests proof of general liability insurance before letting you move in.
- A grantor of franchise requests a certificate of insurance from you as the franchisee
- A city or county requires a certificate for proof of insurance before allowing you to open your business or to obtain a permit.
- Someone who gives your work assignments requests proof of professional liability insurance on a certificate.
Learn more about Certificates of Insurance or Certificates of Liability
- What is a certificate of insurance?
- Get a Certificate of Insurance