Auto Insurance for Students Living at Home and Away from Home
Having a young driver on your insurance can have a dramatic effect on our pricing. If you are adding a 16 year old to your insurance for the first time, you may be experiencing a bit of sticker shock. Along with the fact that you are adding another driver, you are adding one that has limited or no driving experience. This means increased risk of an accident, which equals more cost.
Good Student Auto Insurance Discounts – it’s A + for Mom and Dad
If you have a driver on your policy that is a student, there may be a discount available that is often referred to as the “good student” discount. In most cases, this means that a student is under 25 or 26 years old and has at least a 3.0 GPA. The discount is generally available to teens and college students.
Auto Insurance for College Students
Do you have a college student that lives away from home and only drives one of your cars occasionally? We can help with the distant student discount, which may give you a reduced rate based on the fact that your child does not regularly drive your car.
- Learn more in our article Buying Auto Insurance as a College Student
If your child has moved away to college, it is important to let us know when getting a quote, or as a current customer. You may have a few options
- Keep your child on your same policy but update the garaging address of your car
- If he or she has moved out of state and you are registering your car in a new state, we will help you find a policy in the new state so that you can comply with state rules as well as register the vehicle
- If your child lives in the same state but you want to help him or her get a separate policy, we can help
- Call us to talk about your situation: 949-270-0609 (use this number or help across the US)
- Request a quote for auto insurance here
- Learn about Renters Insurance for Students